As I start writing this, I can imagine myself walking towards the stage, going up to the microphone and giving Cate Blanchett a celebrity kiss Mwah, Mwah. Of course I have to thank my mum and everyone who knows me!
Before I get pulled off stage, I would like to thank OurRach for the nomination. It has been a busy but thoroughly enjoyable time writing my blog.
Now, there are apparently rules I have to adhere to, but if you have never heard of this award before, then check out this article for all the information.
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link on your site back to their blog. Done
Display the award on your blog. I will be doing this as soon as my daughter releases me from playing Minecraft.
Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself. Oh I can do random!
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!) I will find this the hardest part.
Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer. Hmm.
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) I hadn’t, but it’s a great idea!
Ok, here are the questions that were given to me to answer. I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
1.Why did you start blogging?
Well, this is a long story, so for the sake of your boredom, I will be quick. I wanted to help people with anxiety and mental health problems because (and I will admit this) there wasn’t the internet or as much help around when I was young. I have had GAD, Emetophobia and OCD since I was 7 years old.
2.What’s your biggest blogging achievement thus far?
Probably winning this award!
3. What do you find is your most valuable tool for promotion?
At the moment it is Twitter, I am trying to get more followers on Facebook and Instagram as well.
4. Aside from blogging, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Being with my family, taking long walks with my dog and watching The Great War on YouTube.
5. If you could blog about a different topic other than the one you currently blog about, what would it be?
I think it would be technology. I am a big techie and I have written a lot for gaming websites.
6. Have you got a Blogging fail?
Well sort of.
7. If so, what is it? Go on, I won’t laugh.
Not so much a fail as a series of unfortunate events. I wrote a blog post for Anxiety United a couple of years ago and I didn’t realise that it posted it to your Facebook timeline. I hadn’t really told anyone outside of my immediate family of my mental health problems at the time. Needless to say, a lot of people read it.
8. What’s your favourite blog post of mine and why?
I like all of OurRach blog posts because they are informative and funny and that’s what you want to read (well at least I do). In particular, I enjoyed the Celebrity Big Brother posts, because I didn’t have time to see it myself and so got all the goss from OurRach.
9. What 3 things couldn’t you live without?
Coffee, my family and Rolos. (The order is important lol)
10. What’s your all-time favourite song?
I would say, What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. The words are how I feel about the world.
11. Do you like marmite? I will judge you if you say no
I love Marmite, but so does my wife so it is a race to the jar most times.
OK, 11 random facts about myself…..erm.
- I have every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- I like Alpen with hot milk – my wife shudders every time I do it.
- I am left handed, but do most things with my right.
- I am a Crystal Palace supporter – yep I am the one.
- When I was younger, I did a 300 mile sponsored bike ride around Scandinavia.
- I don’t like Justin Beiber – yep I am the one.
- I won a competition at school dressed and Harpo Marx from the Marx Brothers
- My favourite film is The Hunt For Red October.
- I have recently aquired a taste for cider, but just for medicinal purposes.
- I love Formula 1 and I have been to see the British Grand Prix.
- I have been to the top of Ben Nevis.
And finally, the last part is to nominate my five favourite blogs for an award. This is a tough one, there are a lot of blogs I like reading and I am finding new ones all the time. I decided to pick my favourite recent additions.
Please check these blogs out, they are great.
That is it! I hope you aren’t asleep now.